MenuSearchNews & EventsApply Now BCC Connect Bladen Community College - Student Centered • Future Focused
910.879.5500     Contact Us

A visiting student (for credit) is a student interested in taking one or more courses to transfer to another college or university. A visiting student is not seeking a degree through BCC.


PLEASE NOTE: Once a student has completed twelve or more semester hours at BCC, the student must declare a degree-seeking program of study. As a visiting student, contact the office of admissions to complete a change of major form if twelve or more semester hours have been completed at BCC.





(1) Meet with a Student Services Representative

Student services representatives offer guidance through the application process and provide information about programs of study and program requirements. To meet with a representative, visit the Information Desk in Building 2. You may also email or call for an appointment to speak to one of our representatives.


(2) Complete your Residency Determination Interview

Apply for your Residency Certification Number (RCN) through the Residency Determination Service.



(3) Complete a Bladen Community College Admissions Application

Complete the entire BCC Application for Admission. Remember, you must have completed your residency determination interview prior to completing a BCC application. A valid RCN number is required to establish residency for all state-supported public colleges and universities in North Carolina.




(4) Activate your Student Account

Visit BCC Connect from the homepage to activate your student account. For assistance follow the instructions. All college-related emails sent as a BCC student should be sent using your “student email” assigned to you during admission to the college.


(5) Financial Aid

Student not seeking a degree but taking classes for personal enrichment may not be eligible for financial assistance through BCC. Students with a “Special Credit” program of study will not receive Title IV (PELL) tuition assistance. Students visiting from another college or university should contact the Financial Aid Department concerning a consortium agreement with their “home” institution.


(6) Submit a High School and/or College Transcript

Students not seeking a degree or a student visiting from another college or university would need to submit their most recent college transcript (in most instances). For courses to be taken by the student without a prerequisite, a high school transcript is sufficient. Students requesting to take classes with a state required prerequisite MUST provide the college transcript proving completion of the requested course’s prerequisite.

All transcripts must be official, sealed documents submitted by your school to:

Bladen Community College
Office of Admissions
Post Office Box 266
Dublin, NC  28332


Additional Resources

High School Transcripts (Public NC High Schools)
– North Carolina GED Request
– GED Request (Other States)


(7) Placement Testing

Student are required to take the placement test or prove a placement test exemption as a visiting (non-degree) student ONLY if the course to be taken has an English or math prerequisite.

Find out requirements and more in the Testing Section. For questions, contact Mr. Carlton Bryan, 910.863.6002 or email


(8) Meet with your Educational Advisor

ALL STUDENTS are required to meet with an educational advisor prior to scheduled registrations each semester. An educational advisor’s purpose is to approve educational plans for advisees according to the student’s desired program of study.  After meeting with an advisor and getting a course schedule planned for a semester, students can take advantage of self-service registration through WebAdvisor during scheduled registration periods. Learn more about student advising and find YOUR educational advisor HERE!

NOTE: “Special Credit” students would be assigned a “General Education” advisor.


(9) Register for Classes

Register for classes through your educational advisor or get approval through your educational advisor to register online through WebAdvisor. For questions about registration, please contact Bladen Community College, 910.879.5500.


(10) Pay Tuition & Fees

After registration, tuition and fees must be paid by established deadlines. Listed options below.
  • Self-Pay: Visit the cashier’s office in the Essic Williams Building (building 10) or pay by phone, 910.879.5507.
  • Financial Aid: Some students may be eligible for Title IV assistance, also known as the PELL grant. Contact a financial aid representative today for assistance. Bladen Community College does not issue student loans.
  • Tuition Payment Plan: BCC offers an online and convenient monthly tuition payment plan to help students with their educational expenses. Nelnet Business Solutions provides this service.


(11) Student ID & Parking Permit

ALL STUDENTS must have a valid student ID when on campus. Students’ vehicles must have a valid parking permit visible on the rear view mirror of the vehicle to park in student-assigned parking lots.


Bring your current class schedule and proof of payment to the customer service desk in the Student Resource Center (building 7) to get a Student ID.


Visit the Information Desk in building 2 (student services) to complete a vehicle registration form. Bring your valid Student ID or class schedule with proof of payment to receive your parking permit. You will need to know the make of your vehicle and license plate number to complete the vehicle registration form.