MenuSearchNews & EventsApply Now BCC Connect Bladen Community College - Student Centered • Future Focused
910.879.5500     Contact Us

A returning student (for credit) is someone who took for credit courses with BCC during a previous semester(s) and interested in returning.




(1) Meet with a Student Services Representative

Student services representatives offer guidance through the application process and provide information about programs of study and program requirements. To meet with a representative, visit the Information Desk in Building 2. You may also email or call for an appointment to speak to one of our representatives.


(2) Complete your Residency Determination Interview

Apply for your Residency Certification Number (RCN) through the Residency Determination Service.


(3) Update your Bladen Community College Admissions Application

Update the entire BCC Application for Admission. Remember, you must have completed your residency determination interview prior to updating your BCC application. A valid RCN number is required to establish residency for all state-supported public colleges and universities in North Carolina.




(4) Re-Activate your Student Account

Visit BCC Connect from the homepage to activate your student account. For assistance follow the instructions. All college-related emails sent as a BCC student should be sent using your “student email” assigned to you during admission to the college.


(5) Apply for Financial Aid

Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to find out if you are eligible for financial aid.


(6) Did we get your transcripts the first time you were here?

Contact the office of admissions to make sure we have your official high school transcripts from your previous enrollment. All transcripts for colleges attended after being enrolled at BCC must be submitted to the office of admissions.

All transcripts must be official, sealed documents submitted by your school to:

Bladen Community College
Office of Admissions
Post Office Box 266
Dublin, NC  28332


Additional Resources

High School Transcripts (Public NC High Schools)
– North Carolina GED Request
– GED Request (Other States)


(7) Placement Testing

Do you have college-level English or math credit from BCC or another college or university? Have you already taken the placement test? Valid scores from the placement test are valid for five years.

Unless an applicant is exempt, BCC requires placement testing for returning students in the areas of English, reading, and math. Find out if you meet one of the test exemptions, such as “Multiple Measures” (high school GPA) or SAT/ACT test scores.

Find out requirements and more in the Testing Section. For questions, contact Mr. Carlton Bryan, 910.863.6002 or email


(8) Meet with your Educational Advisor

ALL STUDENTS are required to meet with an educational advisor prior to scheduled registrations each semester. An educational advisor’s purpose is to approve educational plans for advisees according to the student’s desired program of study.  After meeting with an advisor and getting a course schedule planned for a semester, students can take advantage of self-service registration through WebAdvisor during scheduled registration periods. Learn more about student advising and find YOUR educational advisor HERE!


(9) Register for Classes

Register for classes through your educational advisor or get approval through your educational advisor to register online through WebAdvisor. For questions about registration, please contact Bladen Community College, 910.879.5500.


(10) Veterans Educational Benefits

Do you plan to use VA benefits? Visit our VA representative in the Learning Enhancement Center (Building 8, Room 4) for assistance. Bladen Community College is designated as a Military Friendly School.


(11) Pay Tuition & Fees

After registration, tuition and fees must be paid by established deadlines. Listed options below.
  • Self-Pay: Visit the cashier’s office in the Essic Williams Building (building 10) or pay by phone, 910.879.5507.
  • Financial Aid: Some students may be eligible for Title IV assistance, also known as the PELL grant. Contact a financial aid representative today for assistance. Bladen Community College does not issue student loans.
  • Tuition Payment Plan: BCC offers an online and convenient monthly tuition payment plan to help students with their educational expenses. Nelnet Business Solutions provides this service.


(12) Student ID & Parking Permit

ALL STUDENTS must have a valid student ID when on campus. Students’ vehicles must have a valid parking permit visible on the rear view mirror of the vehicle to park in student-assigned parking lots.


Bring your current class schedule and proof of payment to the customer service desk in the Student Resource Center (building 7) to get a Student ID.


Visit the Information Desk in building 2 (student services) to complete a vehicle registration form. Bring your valid Student ID or class schedule with proof of payment to receive your parking permit. You will need to know the make of your vehicle and license plate number to complete the vehicle registration form.