The purpose of the Ambassador Program is twofold:
- To represent Bladen Community College at selected events both on campus and in the surrounding community.
- To develop student leadership and civic responsibility.
Four Ambassadors will be selected from among the student body based on applications, recommendations, and interviews.
- Applications must be completed each year and selections for the following year will be made Spring Semester. (A student may serve a second year’s term, but he/she will have to repeat the application process.)
- Recommendations must be completed and received by the Ambassador Program Committee spring semester each year.
- Interviews will be conducted spring semester. More than one interview may be required during the selection process.
Requirements for Selection
Prospective Ambassadors must meet the following criteria:
- Will have completed twelve (12) semester hours on campus at Bladen Community College with a GPA of 2.5 or higher by the end of the semester in which application is made.
- Complete an Ambassador Program application.
- Obtain three (3) properly prepared recommendations from faculty and/or administrators for submission to the Ambassador Program Committee.
- Make themselves available for interviews at the Ambassador Program Committee’s convenience during the selection process.
- Carry a minimum load of twelve (12) semester hours each term while serving as an Ambassador.
Benefits of Service
Ambassadors will receive the following benefits from the college and/or the program for their services:
- $500 scholarship each semester of service in good standing.
- School blazer with name tag.
- School golf shirt.
- Training in public speaking and social etiquette.
- Leadership training.
The Ambassador Program is sponsored by the Bladen Community College Foundation, Inc.