Student Government Association
Each student enrolled at Bladen Community College is a member of the Student Government Association. The Student Government Association is responsible for the extracurricular activities held at Bladen Community College throughout the year. Officers and Senators are elected each year by their peers, and must meet academic, personal and character standards set forth in the SGA Constitution. The organization provides students a voice in student affairs and policy making bodies within the College. The President of the Student Government Association is also an ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees.
SGA President’s Message
Welcome to BCC!
On behalf of the Student Government Association, welcome to campus! Whether you are stepping onto campus for the first time or heading into your final year, this is an exciting time to be part of the BCC family.
As your SGA, it is our mission to serve as the voice of the student body by promoting campus involvement, fostering leadership development, overseeing and assisting in the development of student clubs by acting as a liaison between student organizations and campus administration.
Remember you’re not just a student here, you’re family. Once again, it’s my sincere pleasure to welcome you to campus. Should you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to stop by the SGA office in building 2 room 108 or call us as 910-879-5620 ext. 5620.
We look forward to serving you this upcoming year.
Charity Taylor, SGA President 2017-2018
SGA Quick Facts!
- SGA serves as the student voice on campus.
- SGA supports student activities such as spring fling, blood drives, constitution day, holiday meals, fall festival, and community service projects.
- BCC’s Student Government Association is a member of the North Carolina Comprehensive Community College Student Government Association (N4CSGA)
- Members are eligible to attend leadership conferences sponsored by N4CSGA and to participate on the state level.
Benefits of Service!
- Scholarships awarded to Officers each semester of service in good standing
- Opportunities to attend state conferences
- Leadership training
- Training in public speaking, parliamentary procedure and personal develop
- Gain valuable experience in organizational decision-making
- Become an advocate for student concerns
- Network with faculty and top-ranking administrators
SGA Meeting Times
SGA meets twice a month. SGA has an open-door policy. All members of Bladen Community College are welcome.