BCC Home
Give OnlineG.IJOBS

NC Community Colleges

Bladen Community College
  • bcc96.jpg

Tuition Payment Plan (Nelnet) | Apply OnLine | WebAdvisor | Moodle | Student Email | Office 365 |
The Flyer | Consumer Information | State Authorization | Non-Discrimination Notice | New Admissions Policy | BCC Calendar



How do I apply to participate in the Career & College Promise Program?
To apply for the Career & College Promise Program, students may either contact their high school guidance or Ms. Cierra Griffin at 910.879.5570.

Can students under 18 years old who are not high graduates enroll in a community college outside of Career & College Promise?
No, except for non-credit courses taken on self-supporting basis, including safe driving courses. However, students who qualify for the IRIS Program may be allowed to enroll in one college-level course as a sophomore.  Students should contact Ms. Nicole Dove (West Bladen, 910.862.2130) or Ms. Ursula Wooten (East Bladen, 910.645.2500) for more information. 

What is the maximum number of college credits that a CCP student can take?
There is no maximum number of college credits that a CCP student can take.  All students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher on college courses within a program of study and must continue to make progress towards high school graduation.

What pathways are students allowed to take? – Are there any other pathways for students besides the CT and CTE pathways?
.College Transfer students may choose to enroll in either the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science Pathways. CTE students may choose from the following pathways: Electrical /Electronics, Cosmetology, Emergency Medical Service, Machining, and Welding.

Will the CCP students receive weighted high school credit for completing college courses?
All college transfer courses receive weighted (advanced placement) credit. CTE courses, in general, are not eligible since they are not transferable.

Who is responsible for advising the CCP high school students?
Advising is primarily the responsibility of the high school.  However, the students may also seek guidance from the college staff.  West Bladen High School –Irene Shipman, Patricia Beasley, and Nicole Dove at 910.862.2130; East Bladen High School – Elizabeth Ruffin-Cox, Donnell Goins, and Ursula Wooten at 910.645.2500; Bladen Community College –  Cierra Griffin 910.879.5570.

Are there any minimum class attendance requirements for CCP students?
With respect to community college courses taken by CCP participants, high school students enrolled in community college courses will be held to the same rigorous attendance and academic requirements as adult students.

Since students will receive both high school and college credit, how will grades be reported to the high school?
The College will report grades to the high schools at the completion of each course. Courses attempted will be recorded on the student’s high school and college transcript.

Do community college courses that count for high school credit count as a full credit or a partial credit?
College courses count as one (1) full high school credit.  However, when a course-sequence is required to meet content standards for a graduation requirement, the full course sequence must be completed to ensure students are eligible to graduate.

Do courses in the college transfer or CTE pathway count as advanced placement (AP) courses for credit purposes?
Yes, college transfer pathways courses count as advanced placement (AP) courses for credit purposes. However, CTE Pathway courses are not awarded AP credit.

Are high school students allowed to take community college courses (especially online courses) from a community college outside of the geographic area that their local community college serves?
Yes, provided that the courses are included as part of the student’s chosen program(s) of study.

Are home school and private school students eligible to participate in Career & College Promise?
Yes, students attending a registered home school or a private school may participate in CCP; these students must meet the same participation criteria applied to regular public school students.

What assessments are approved for students to demonstrate college-readiness?
The approved college-readiness assessments include PLAN, ACT, PSAT, SAT, Asset, Compass, and Accuplacer. Students must be college-ready in ALL THREE assessment areas (English/Writing, Reading, Math). Minimum college readiness scores for each test are specific in the table below.

























41 Writing


70 Writing


86 Sentence












41 Reading


81 Reading


80 Reading












41 Numerical
Skills and 41
Int. Algebra


47 Pre-Algebra and
66 Algebra


55 Arithmetic and
75 Elem. Algebra

If the student meets the benchmark through PLAN or PSAT, will they also have to take the college placement test (or have appropriate SAT or ACT scores) to meet the prerequisites for the course?
No. Students demonstrate college readiness by achieving minimum scores on one or more of the approved assessment tests. Students must meet college-ready thresholds in all three areas – English/writing, Reading, and Math.

What is the minimum number of hours that high school students need to be at the high school?
There is no requirement for students to be at their high school for a minimum number of hours. Student schedules may vary depending upon how many CCP courses a student has, where those course sections are offered (at the high school or at the college, and when those sections are offered).

If a high school student completes all high school requirements in December (eligible to graduate) can he/she continue with the courses, tuition exempt, even if he/she has no high school classes? Or does the student need to “save” one high school course for spring semester?
High school juniors and seniors, who meet all eligibility requirements, can participate in the CCP program.  A student that has not graduated from high school and that meets all of the eligibility requirements can enroll in the program. An early graduate will be considered a high school student provided the student has not been deemed an official high school graduate before the first day of the college semester.      

Is there a requirement for students to take at least one course on your high school campus in order to be counted present?
No. State Board policy does not prohibit students from taking all of their credits at the community college, and there is no state-level requirement for students doing so to be on the high school campus during the semester. LEAs may choose to require periodic “check-in” or attendance at the high school campus for purposes of advising and follow-up with students.

Can CCP participants pursue both the college transfer and CTE pathways at the same time (for instance, a student who wishes to go to college for pre-med and wants to become a licensed EMT)?
Yes. A student may choose to participate in a CT program of study and CTE program of study at the same time.  A student may concurrently enroll in two CTE programs of study provided the exception has been approved by the college’s Chief Academic Officer or his/her designee.  

Can my CCP college courses also be used for high school credit, including credit to meet graduation requirements?  In which subjects?
There will be allowances for dual credit. NC DPI has a team working to define dual credit opportunities to ensure minimum State Board of Education requirements are met. Specific dual credit information will be communicated as soon as it is finalized.

Is the community college tuition waived for home schooled and private schooled students?
Yes, tuition costs are paid for students.

Who pays the cost of the student’s textbook?
No state funding is available for CCP or any other textbooks at this time. Students enrolled in the Associate of Art and Associate of Science Pathways are required to purchase textbooks. However public high school students are encouraged to contact Ms. Nicole Dove (West Bladen High School 910.862.2130) or Ms. Ursula Wooten (East Bladen High School 910.645.2500) to determine available resources to assist with the purchase of textbooks.

Are student fees (e.g., technology fees and insurance fees) waived in addition to the waived tuition for CCP students?
Students are not required to pay fees.  

Are high school students allowed to enroll in any foreign language courses?
A student may take up to 8 SHC of foreign language courses and accompanying labs, in a single language, designated as General Education in the CAA as part of the P1012C and P1042C pathways. The receiving university will determine whether the courses will count as general education, pre-major, or elective credit.