Bladen Community College is closed Friday, January 22 for all students and college staff.
Tuition Payment Plan (Nelnet) |
Apply OnLine |
Student Email |
Office 365 |
BCC’s English department equips students with written and oral communication skills for academic, professional, and personal expression. We also keep students up-to-date with communication technology and the ever-changing avenues for sharing ideas in college and the workplace.
Each semester, in addition to standard required courses, we offer new selections to allow students to develop their personal interests in literature and fill elective requirements with engaging materials and fresh experiences. Some of these courses include
- African American Literature
- Creative Writing
- Major American Writers
- Science Fiction (Spring 2014)
In addition to English courses, we provide students with enriching resources and activities such as
- Our literary and arts journal, The Ink Quill, which features work from BCC students, faculty, and staff
- Readings and workshops with visiting writers and guest speakers
- Sigma Kappa Delta, the English honor society
- The Ink Quill Society creative writing and arts club
The English department at BCC is dedicated to supporting whole-person development and life-long learning. Whether you are focused on earning a degree, curious about courses that can expand your perspective, or interested in finding new connections on campus, contact our department for ideas and guidance.