Bladen Community College Writing Center
Writing Center Location: Bldg. 8 Room 2
To schedule an appointment or submit a paper to the Writing Center, go to https://bladencc.mywconline.com
- Register for an account.
- Log in using your email address and password.
- Click on an opening with the tutor of your choice. (Note: On the schedule, available appointments will appear white.)
- Complete the appointment form, choosing face-to-face, online, or e-tutoring.
- Check your email. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.
If you have any questions, email the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday -Thursday (face-to-face, online/synchronous, e-tutoring/asynchronous): 9:30-5:30.
Weekends (online/synchronous or e-tutoring/asynchronous)
Thursday-Saturday: 7:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
The Bladen Community College Writing Center is a free service for Bladen Community College students and the community it serves. Visit the Writing Center in Building 8 Room 2 to meet our friendly tutors. You may make an appointment, but walk-ins are always welcome!
You can meet with our tutors face-to-face or virtually to go over your papers and get coached on how to improve your work. Together with a tutor, you can brainstorm, plan, draft, document, revise, or edit your paper.
If you are working on your paper and cannot meet with a tutor, you may submit your work online and a tutor will provide you the feedback you need within 24-48 hours. If you are facing technical issues uploading a paper, please email the writing center at email@example.com.
- Face-to-Face: Spend 30-60 minutes with a tutor at the Writing Center getting one-on-one help with your writing.
- Online (Synchronous): Meet with a tutor online from any computer with internet access. Chat in real time using WC Online interactive platform. View and edit your draft alongside your tutor.
- E-Tutoring (Asynchronous): Upload your document to the WC online appointment. Check your email for your tutor’s feedback (usually within 24-48 hours).
If you are a prospective student, and you have not written any essays in a long time, we encourage you to visit our Writing Center before you take the placement test. Through the Writing Center, you can practice writing essays, improve your reading skills, and review your grammar. Once you feel you are ready, you can take our placement test. Our tutors will provide you with feedback on your writing. Their feedback will help you become aware of some writing strategies that you can apply to write more effectively.