The BCC Student Ambassador Program is comprised of a diverse group of students who serve as leaders on campus. THey are liaisons between students, faculty, and staff, and they help answer questions and participate in campus activities. Ambassadors develop relationships with the campus community and network with community representative. These students are also driven to serve others outside the campus community and participate in volunteer projects.
During their times as Ambassadors, students gain leadership skills and are provided development opportunities throughout the course of the year served.
Student Ambassadors must maintain high academic standards and undergo an application and interview process. In return for their service, students are awarded a scholarship that will help assist with their tuition, books, fees, and personal expenses.
A BCC Student Ambassador
……is a representative, spokesperson, leader, role model, team player, volunteer, mediator, good communicator, and good listener.
……is approachable, accessible, trustworthy, reliable, confident, humble, honest, open-minded, loyal and compassionate.
……has personal courage ad integrity.
……knows him or herself and recognizes his or her individual limitations but knows the power of teamwork.
Four Ambassadors will be selected from among the student body based on applications, recommendations, and interviews.
- Applications must be completed each year and selections for the following year will be made Spring Semester. (A student may serve a second year’s term, but he/she will have to repeat the application process.)
- Recommendations must be completed and received by the Ambassador Program Committee spring semester each year.
- Interviews will be conducted spring semester. More than one interview may be required during the selection process.
Requirements for Selection
Prospective Ambassadors must meet the following criteria:
- Will have completed twelve (12) semester hours on campus at Bladen Community College with a GPA of 2.5 or higher by the end of the semester in which application is made.
- Complete an Ambassador Program application.
- Obtain three (3) properly prepared recommendations from faculty and/or administrators for submission to the Ambassador Program Committee.
- Make themselves available for interviews at the Ambassador Program Committee’s convenience during the selection process.
- Carry a minimum load of twelve (12) semester hours each term while serving as an Ambassador.
Benefits of Service
Ambassadors will receive the following benefits from the college and/or the program for their services:
- $500 scholarship each semester of service in good standing.
- School blazer with name tag.
- School golf shirt.
- Training in public speaking and social etiquette.
- Leadership training.
The Ambassador Program is sponsored by the Bladen Community College Foundation, Inc.