The BCC Student Ambassador Program is comprised of a diverse group of students who serve as leaders on campus. They are liaisons between students, faculty, and staff, and they help answer questions and participate in campus activities. Ambassadors develop relationships with the campus community and network with community representative. These students are also driven to serve others outside the campus community and participate in volunteer projects.
During their times as Ambassadors, students gain leadership skills and are provided development opportunities throughout the course of the year served.
Student Ambassadors must maintain high academic standards and undergo an application and interview process. In return for their service, students are awarded a scholarship that will help assist with their tuition, books, fees, and personal expenses.
A BCC Student Ambassador
……is a representative, spokesperson, leader, role model, team player, volunteer, mediator, good communicator, and good listener.
……is approachable, accessible, trustworthy, reliable, confident, humble, honest, open-minded, loyal and compassionate.
……has personal courage ad integrity.
……knows him or herself and recognizes his or her individual limitations but knows the power of teamwork.
Four Ambassadors will be selected from among the student body based on applications, recommendations, and interviews.
- Applications should be completed by April 1st of each year and selections for the following year will be made before April 30th. (A student may serve a second year’s term but he/she will have to repeat the application process.) NOTE: Due to the Pandemic, the application process has been moved to August with selection made by August 28th)
- Recommendations must be completed and received by the Ambassador Program Committee for applications to be complete.
- Interviews will be conducted upon completion of the application deadline. More than one interview may be required during the selection process.
Requirements for Selection
Prospective Ambassadors must meet the following criteria:
- Will have completed 12 semester hours on campus at Bladen Community College with a GPA of 2.5 or better by the end of the semester in which application is made.
- Complete an Ambassador Program application and either attach to the application submission or send under separate cover to the Foundation Office for submission to the Ambassador Program Committee.
- Make themselves available for interviews at the Ambassador Program Committee’s convenience during the selection process.
- Carry a minimum of 12 semester hours each term.
Benefits of Service
Ambassadors will receive the following benefits from the college and/or the program for their services:
- $500 scholarship each semester of service in good standing.
- Two golf shirts.
- Two pair of uniform khaki pants or skirts.
- Name tag with their name and Ambassador designation.
- Training in public speaking and social etiquette.
- Leadership training.
The Ambassador Program is sponsored by the Bladen Community College Foundation, Inc.