Bladen Community College has partnered with McLaughlin Young to provide enrolled students access to a Student Assistance Program (SAP) and Work-Life Services. At BCC, we refer to these resources as Student Outreach Services or SOS, for short. SOS is a college-sponsored benefit that offers the support and resources you need to address personal or school-related challenges and concerns. The services are confidential and provided at no cost to you and your household family members. Assistance is available 24 hours per day / 7 days per week / 365 days per year at 800.633.3353.
Request Student Outreach Services (SOS)?
There are two ways to access your SAP and work-life services: Call 800.633.3353 or visit www.mygroup.com | Click on My Portal Login | Work-Life | Username: bladenccsos | Password: guest
Assessment and Counseling
Reasons to use the SAP include marital difficulties, parenting, stress, depression, school or work-related concerns, alcohol and drug use/abuse, grief and loss, or preventative. When students and family members call the SAP, they are offered a face-to-face, telephonic, or virtual counseling session in which a thorough assessment can be conducted by a licensed, experienced clinician in their area. SAP is short-term, solution-focused therapy; therefore, not all issues will be resolved within the SAP model and may need to be referred to other resources.
- 7 content divisions: Parenting, Aging, Balancing, Thriving, Living, Working, and International
- Monthly online seminars and e-learning courses with certificates of completion
- Searchable databases and resource links for child care providers, elder care and related services, adoption resources, attorneys, certified financial planners, pet sitting, private and public high schools and colleges, and volunteer opportunities
- Over 100 streaming audio files and 100 video files covering a range of health topics
- Savings Centers: discount shopping program offering up to 25% discounts on name-brand items
- Relocation Centers: an interactive program that allows users to preview communities across the United States
- Free telephonic legal service
- Free 30-minute appointment for legal consultation with a local attorney
- In most cases, 25% discount for on-going legal services
- Legal forms are available to download (i.e., wills, request for death certificate, etc.)
- Online legal encyclopedia
- Does not cover disputes or actions involving employer, SAP or business issues
- Free financial counseling appointments
- Issues addressed include bankruptcy, budgeting, buying a home, college savings, retirement planning
- Educational materials and financial worksheets provided prior to appointments
- 40 financial calculators are available
- ID theft recovery through credit monitoring
- Discounted credit reports
Additional Video Resources:
Try switching your internet browser if you have difficulty loading the above playlist.