Bladen Community College Writing Center
Writing Center Location: Bldg. 8 Room 2 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for an account.
- Log in using your email address and password.
- Click on an opening with the tutor of your choice. (Note: On the schedule, available appointments will appear white.)
- Complete the appointment form, choosing face-to-face, online, or e-tutoring.
- Upload your paper by clicking on browse at the bottom of the appointment form.
- Check your email. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.
- face-to-face, online/synchronous, e-tutoring/asynchronous
- Monday -Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 a.m. Walk-ins are welcome!
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome!
- online/synchronous or e-tutoring/asynchronous
- Monday – Saturday: 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Free Services in planning, drafting, documenting, revising, or editing your paper
- Face-to-Face: Spend 30-60 minutes with a tutor at the Writing Center getting one-on-one help with your writing.
- Online (Synchronous): Meet with a tutor online from any computer with internet access. Chat in real time using WC Online interactive platform. View and edit your draft alongside your tutor.
- E-Tutoring (Asynchronous): Upload your document to the WC online appointment. Check your email for your tutor’s feedback (usually within 24-48 hours).
- practice writing essays,
- improve your reading skills,
- review your grammar, and then
- take the placement test (if needed).
Our tutors will provide you with feedback which will help you become aware of some writing strategies that you can apply to write more effectively.Writing Center Frequently Asked Questions Writing Center Feedback Form
An important resource you may want to consult as you are preparing for your writing assignments is https://www.premiernursingacademy.org/resources/writing-style-guide.