Bladen Community College Writing Center
Writing Center Location: Bldg. 8 Room 2 Email: email@example.com
- Register for an account.
- Log in using your email address and password.
- Click on an opening with the tutor of your choice. (Note: On the schedule, available appointments will appear white.)
- Complete the appointment form, choosing face-to-face, online, or e-tutoring.
- Upload your paper by clicking on browse at the bottom of the appointment form.
- Check your email. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.
- face-to-face, online/synchronous, e-tutoring/asynchronous
- Monday -Friday: 10:00-2:00. Walk-ins are welcome!
- online/synchronous or e-tutoring/asynchronous
- Monday: 2:00 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday-Friday: 2:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 6:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
Free Services in planning, drafting, documenting, revising, or editing your paper
- Face-to-Face: Spend 30-60 minutes with a tutor at the Writing Center getting one-on-one help with your writing.
- Online (Synchronous): Meet with a tutor online from any computer with internet access. Chat in real time using WC Online interactive platform. View and edit your draft alongside your tutor.
- E-Tutoring (Asynchronous): Upload your document to the WC online appointment. Check your email for your tutor’s feedback (usually within 24-48 hours).
- practice writing essays,
- improve your reading skills,
- review your grammar, and then
- take the placement test.
Our tutors will provide you with feedback which will help you become aware of some writing strategies that you can apply to write more effectively.