NC DAP Test Exemptions
Waiver of Placement Test:
Applicants are required to take the North Carolina Diagnostic Assessment and Placement Reading, Engish, and Math Test to fulfill the admissions requirements at BCC. The placement test may be waived for one of the following reasons:
- If an applicant has received transfer credit for college level English and Math from an accredited college or university.
- If an applicant meets Multiple Measures; applicant must be enrolled within five (5) years from the high school graduation date. (See MULTIPLE MEASURES)
- If an applicant has achieved acceptable ACT or SAT English, Reading, and Math scores from tests taken within five (5) years prior to the date of enrollment. (See ACT / SAT / PSAT / PLAN SCORES)
- If an applicant has taken an Advanced Placement (AP) English or Math test while in high school and has earned a score of 3 or above.
- If an applicant has taken a College Level Examination Program (CLEP) English or Math test and has earned a score of 50 or above.
- If an applicant is enrolling as a non-degree seeking student taking courses with no prerequisite(s).
Additional testing information can be found at: http://www.bladencc.edu/student-services/testing/
Applicants are exempt from placement testing through Multiple Measures if all of the listed conditions are met as follows:
- applicant has submitted an official high school transcript to BCC’s office of admissions, and
- applicant is a graduate from a North Carolina high school within five (5) years of enrollment at BCC, and
- applicant has an unweighted high school GPA equal to or greater than 2.6, and
- applicant has completed four high school math courses (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and a fourth math suitable for college admissions: Advanced Functions and Modeling, Essentials of College Math (SREB-Math Ready), Analytical Geometry, AP Statistics, Calculus, Discrete Mathematics Advanced, Integrated Mathematics IV, Mindset, Pre-Calculus, Probability and Statistics, Trigonometry). Applicants previously enrolled in the Career and College Promise College Transfer Pathways may use one of the approved math courses as the fourth eligible math course.
For applicants who apply to BCC prior to high school graduation, the cumulative GPA at the end of the first semester of the applicant’s senior year will be valid for Multiple Measures. High School Equivalency and Adult High School graduates will not be exempt from placement testing through Multiple Measures.
ACT / SAT / PSAT / PLAN Scores
Applicants are exempt from placement testing by achieving acceptable ACT or SAT English, Reading, and Math scores from tests taken within five (5) years prior to the date of enrollment. The college will evaluate subject-area ACT or SAT scores to determine if the student is college ready in math and English using the following scores (based on national and state validation studies):
ACT Reading 20 or ACT English 18
SAT Writing 500 or SAT Critical Reading 500 (If taken prior to March 2016)
SAT Evidence Based Reading 480 (Beginning March 2016)
ACT Math 22
SAT Math 500 (If taken prior to March 2016)
SAT Math 530 (Beginning March 2016)