Welcome to the Commercial Driver’s License program at Bladen Community College. Our goal is to prepare students for successful employment in the transportation industry.
Our next CDL course will begin in January. Please check back for details.
Students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. To reserve placement, applicants must complete the steps outlined below. If you have questions about the process or program, you may email Mr. David Brisson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 910.879.5611
- Obtain Class A CDL Permit: Obtain your Class A CDL permit by testing at the DMV. To prepare, visit your local DMV office to obtain a copy of the Commercial Driver License manual or visit https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/license-id/driver-licenses/new-drivers/Documents/commercial-driver-manual.pdf. You will need to study sections 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 11, 12, and 13. You may only test once per day, and you will have only three attempts to pass.
- Complete Truck Driving Registration Form: Fill out the registration form found at the end of the information packet linked on the left.
- Reserve Appointment Time: Email email@example.com to reserve an appointment time to review your application. You will receive an email confirmation indicating the time, date, and location of your appointment and your position in the queue.
Please note: Applicants must have their Class A CDL Permit, completed application, and payment ready for their allotted appointment time. Applicants who are unable to pay or who present incorrect or incomplete documentation must reschedule their appointment, which will result in losing their placement.
- Submit Documentation and Payment at Scheduled Appointment: At your appointed meeting time, present your Class A CDL Permit and your completed application. Refer to your email confirmation for location on campus. If your documentation is satisfactory, you will be directed to the Cashier’s Office to pay.
- Submit Drug Screen Results: Once you have registered and paid, it is your responsibility to obtain a DOT drug screening at a lab certified by the Department of Health and Human Services. Applicants who are unable to present a negative test by the first day of class will be withdrawn.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must obtain a CDL Class “A” permit from the state you are licensed
- For example, if your driver’s license is issued in California, your CDL Class A permit must be from California.
- Must show proof of a negative drug screening from the last thirty days
Tuition/Fees (paid to Bladen Community College)
|Tuition||$180||BCC Cashier||Upon registration|
|Maintenance and Fuel Fee||$500||BCC Cashier||Upon registration|
|Technology Fee||$5||BCC Cashier||Upon registration|
|Student Insurance||$3||BCC Cashier||Upon registration|
|Class A CDL Permit||$64.75||NCDMV||Before application|
|Drug Screening||$75 (approx.)||Service Provider||First day of class|
Total Program Cost: approximately $827.75
|DOT Physical and Drug Screening||$156 (approx.)||Doctor’s Office||Before license testing|
|Driving History||$10.75||NCDMV||Before license testing|
|Class A CDL License||$107.50 (approx.)||NCDMV||Before license testing|
Total Cost (program and testing): approximately $1,102
Employers Are Looking for Drivers Who Do Not Have
- Careless or reckless violations in the last 2 years
- Hit and run violations in the last 2 years
- License suspensions in the last 1 year
- Drug possession charges in the last 2 years
- DUI or DWI in the last 5 years
- Felony convictions in the last 5 year