The Higher Education Opportunity Act (Public Law 110-315) (HEOA) was enacted on August 14, 2008, and reauthorizes the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA).
The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) contains numerous federal reporting and disclosure requirements for information from various administrative areas of higher education institutions. In order to make this information readily available, Bladen Community College has created this webpage which is designed to provide quick access to this data.
The following are general consumer information subject areas, which provide links to references, reports and additional details.
FERPA – Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 provides safeguards regarding the confidentiality of and access to student records, and this Act will be adhered to by the College. Student and former students have the right to review their official records and to request a hearing if they challenge the contents of these records. No records shall be made available to unauthorized personnel or groups outside the College without the written consent of the student involved except under legal compulsion.
Information relating to current degrees and programs offered, accreditation information, credit transfer policies and lists of faculty and administrative personnel can be accessed in the Bladen Community College General Catalog or you can call Admissions and Records at 910.879.5593. Information relating to financial aid can be accessed in the Bladen Community College General Catalog, pages 47-51 or by calling the Financial Aid Office at 910.879.5567.
General Institutional Information
- Academic Programs
- Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
- Articulation Agreements
- College Navigator
- Copyright Policy
- Crime Log 2017
- Crime Log 2018
- Crime Log 2019
- Crime Log 2020
- Faculty Directory
- Net Price Calculator
- Price of Attendance
- Privacy of Student Records-Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Standards of Student Conduct
- State Authorization
- Student Activities
- Student Complaint Form NCCCS
- Student Diversity
- Student Grievance Procedure
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Technology Use Policy
- Textbook Information
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Wireless Acceptable Use Agreement
Student Financial Assistance
- Code of Conduct for Educational Loans
- Disbursement of Financial Aid
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Federal Work Study Program
- Financial Aid – F.A.Q.
- Private Education Loan Disclosures ( Including Self-Certification Form)
- Student Award Terms and Conditions
- Student Financial Aid Information
- VA Benefit Information
- VA Registration Procedures